NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Submissions originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
1. Eligibility. Participation in the John Frieda Hair Care #FORHAIRTHATDEMANDSATTENTION Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or
members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, and directors are not eligible to enter. Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and Submissions originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its agent/administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether an entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Timing. The Contest begins on Tuesday, December 10, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Friday, December 13, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor’s or its designated agent/administator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, eligible entrants must:
The Submission must not violate the Submission Restrictions defined below. Entry into the Contest is by this process only.
Limit: Each entrant may submit one (1) Submission during the Contest Period. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have used ideas and/or concepts in their Submission that may have similarities to ideas or concepts included in entrant’s Submission, and entrants understand and agree that they shall not in any way be entitled to any compensation because of any such similarities. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules, and no correspondence will be entered into.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his/her Submission: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Submission and the Submission is entirely the entrant's own work/image; (b) the Submission will not infringe on any rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity and/or any other intellectual property right; (c) the Submission complies with the Submission Restrictions (defined below).
Submission Restrictions: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Submission Restrictions”) and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission and disqualify an entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the entrant’s Submission fails to conform to these Submission Restrictions:
6. Judging/Judging Criteria. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. All Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges applying the following equally-weighted judging criteria:
the event of a tie, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will determine the Contest winner based on the Submission that received the highest score in the Fit with Contest
Theme category. In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Contest prize winner should the
7. Prize Notification. Sponsor will private message the potential winner on or about December 10, 2019 (“Winner Announcement”). The winner must contact Sponsor via a direct message on Instagram within 3 days of the Winner Announcement to redeem their prize, confirm hair type, and to provide mailing address information for prize delivery. If a winner does not redeem the prize within 3 days of the Winner Announcement, the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner based upon the next highest score of the remaining entries for the Contest Period. If the prize cannot be awarded after three alternate winners have been notified, the prize will remain unawarded.
8. Prize. One (1) winner will be awarded a collection of John Frieda Styling Products:
9. Prize Delivery. Winner will be sent Prize within 4-6 weeks of winner’s response to the Winner Announcement. Sponsor recommends that winner provide a mailing address that is known to be secure. Sponsor not responsible if the Prize cannot be delivered due to an incorrect mailing address or for lost or misdirected requests.
10. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their
respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest
cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
11. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account
by which the Submission made at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet
access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP
availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed,
incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to
participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner(s) from all eligible Submissions received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 31, 2020 to: Kao USA Inc., Attn: John Frieda® Hair
Care #ForHairThatDemandsAttention Contest, 2535 Spring Grove Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45214.
14. Sponsor. Kao USA Inc., 2535 Spring Grove Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45214-1773.