Frizzy straight hair is commonly caused by a lack of moisture in your hair due to humidity, damage, and dryness.
When you think of frizz, usually what comes to mind is dry, unruly curls or waves. But frizz can strike for straight hair, too. So, why is your hair so frizzy? Dryness, damage, heat styling, and too much brushing can lead to too much poof.
Luckily, you don’t have to just live with the frizz. Here’s how to tame your frizzy straight hair and get the sleek, smooth look you crave.
Frizz can happen to straight hair if it’s dry or damaged from too much heat-styling, bleaching, and dyeing. Chemical processing and heat-styling burn the hair’s cuticle, causing your would-be sleek locks to appear puffy, kinky, even straw-like. Too much friction from brushing and vigorous towel-drying can also ruffle the cuticle, creating unsightly frizz.
If your once straight locks are now a dry, frizzy mess, here are some things you can do:
1. Get regular trims. Keep hair looking healthy and eliminate breakage and split ends by getting a haircut every 4-6 weeks.
2. Avoid brushing dry hair. Use a wide-toothed comb after showering, and work your way up from the ends to minimize breakage. If you absolutely must detangle dry hair, use a natural boar bristle brush, and spritz on a little frizz controlling hair spray.
3. Towel dry gently. Vigorous rubbing with a rough cotton towel can damage the hair’s cuticle. Instead, gently squeeze out excess moisture with a soft cotton t-shirt or a microfiber towel.
4. Switch to a silk pillowcase. Regular cotton sheets can pull at the hair strands, resulting in a frizzy, tangled mess in the morning. Silk pillowcases reduce friction and help to tame the frizz.
5. Avoid scorching your hair with hot water. Hot water during your shower can harm delicate strands. When you shower, rinse with lukewarm or cold water to seal the hair’s cuticle and retain moisture.
6. Deep-condition weekly. A repairing hair mask formulated with avocado oil to help keep frizz at bay by keeping your hair well hydrated.
Loving your smooth, sleek, frizz-free locks? Check out more John Frieda hair care tips.
We asked our haircare experts for advice on how to get rid of frizzy hair. Read more to help you flaunt smooth, frizz-free style.
Tame your frizzy hair overnight with our tips and tricks to help you wake up with a beautiful, frizz-free style.
Are you tired of trying to tame your frizzy hair? Learn more about what causes frizzy hair and how to get rid of frizz with tips from our experts!