- What is the technology for Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment?
Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment is a two-phase product made up of a high pH surfactant activator, and a low peroxide developer, which instantly lightens in the shower in just 5 minutes.
- Should Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment be applied to wet or dry hair?
Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment should only be applied to wet hair.
- How is Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment different from the rest of the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder line?
Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment is a first of a kind product offering and unlike any product in the Sheer Blonde® line, or on the market today. Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment is the first at-home product to instantly lighten in the shower.
- How many uses are in the current packaging?
Each Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment package is designed as a one-time product use.
- How much product do I use?
The entire tube should be applied to hair in one, single application.
- If I don’t use it all the first time, can I save it for later?
No. In order to achieve the designed lightening result, the entire one-time use tube should be used. Once opened, the tube cannot be resealed. This is designed to ensure each consumer uses the right amount of product to achieve the lightening result they are looking for. Once product is dispensed, cross mixing of the two sides of the dual tube will begin and the product will only be effective for about 60 minutes.
- How often should I use Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment?
Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment is designed to be used once every 4 weeks or 1-2 times between colour cycles.
- How long will Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment take to apply?
Application takes only 1-2 minutes. Once the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment is applied and lathered into hair, it remains on the hair for five minutes for lightening. It is then thoroughly rinsed out.
- How long will the effect last?
The lightening effect is permanent on the hair it was applied to.
- How many levels will Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment lighten my hair?
The actual amount of lightening depends upon many different factors, such as: hair thickness, hair diameter, scalp temperature, etc. On average, women see 1 shade of lightening.
- If I use the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Shampoo along with Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment, will I achieve more lightening benefits?
The products are designed to be used together to give a synergistic benefit. The Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment is designed to provide the hair with instant lightening. With continued use, the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Shampoo delivers a semi-permanent enhancement of blonde color to give it a lightened appearance. The effects of the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Shampoo are more noticeable on lighter blonde hair.
- If I use the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Conditioner along with Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment, will I achieve more lightening benefits?
No. But the hair should appear brighter than with the treatment alone. The Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Conditioner was not designed to lift melanin from the hair, but to treat the hair surface in a way that increases the brightness/bright appearance of the hair, which ultimately makes the hair look lighter.
- Will Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder In-Shower Lightening Treatment damage my hair?
While this is a chemical treatment that contains peroxide, our testing indicates that due to the low 5 minute usage timing, there is no measureable increase in damage versus water rinsing the hair for the same period of time.
- There are a lot of Sheer Blonde® products to choose from so how do I know which one is best for me?
You can always mix and match any of our Sheer Blonde® products in your bathroom, depending on your hair need.
FOR COLOUR TREATED BLONDES try Everlasting Blonde® Colour Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner. They were specifically formulated to address the unique way blonde colour changes so you can preserve salon-fresh blonde colour and texture.
FOR HIGHLIGHTED OR NATURAL BLONDES try the Highlight Activating Shampoo and Conditioner. These products gently remove build up and residue to help showcase your highlights and keep your blonde sparkling all day long.
FOR LIGHTER BLONDE try the Go Blonder Lightening line. Use this shampoo and conditioner gradually lighten your blonde. To get the best results, use them with the Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray. You’ll see brighter colour in just 3-5 uses.
FOR TONE CORRECTION try Color Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo and Conditioner. No blonde wants her colour to look brassy or yellow. Neutralize brassy tones in as little as 3 uses with this duo.
FOR STRONGER STRANDS try Lustrous Touch® Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner. This powerful duo wraps blonde strands with fortifying satin finishers, and helps reduce breakage, mend split ends and maximize shine.
- What is unique about Sheer Blonde® Everlasting Blonde® Colour Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner compared to other general colour protection products?
The John Frieda® Hair Care experts recognize that blondes, brunettes and redheads have different needs. The Everlasting Blonde® line was specially formulated to address the unique way blonde colour fades – which can get brassy, dull, and straw-like over time. These formulas contain a break-through technology that targets blonde fading on 3 dimensions. When used every time you wash, it can help maintain your fresh-from-the-salon blonde colour and tone for up to 10 weeks.
- How long will Sheer Blonde® Everlasting Blonde® Colour Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner keep my colour from fading?
When you use it every time you wash, it can help maintain your fresh-from-the-salon blonde colour and tone for up to 10 weeks or about 40 washes.
- How does the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray work?
This product contains a patent-pending technology that combines polymers with hydrogen peroxide to lighten hair while providing the ability to control how blonde you want to go. The product also contains a violet dye to maintain true-to-tone color.
- Will the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray damage my hair?
Our formula is gentler than many traditional salon coloring products because there are no alkaline swelling agents that put additional stress on the hair fiber, and there is a lower level of hydrogen peroxide than in many blonde hair coloring kits.
- How can I protect my hair from heat styling tools that I have to use with the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray?
The spray contains a thermo-protectant. For even more protection, try Frizz Ease® Heat Defeat® Protective Styling Spray.
- I have brown hair. Will Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray work on my hair?
Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray works best on blonde to light brown shades and is not suitable for use on medium brown or darker shades of hair.
- Can I use my Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray throughout the year?
Of course! It can be used whenever your blonde color needs a pick-me-up and is great in-between salon visits!
- How can I use my Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray to give me a beachy look?
Try spraying the product on the ends of your hair only and then apply heat – to give you a perfect sun-kissed look.
- How can I use my Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray to enhance my facial features?
Try focusing your application of the Sheer Blonde®® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray to the hair framing your face. Hit these strands of hair with a flat iron or curling iron to bring out the highlights faster.
- How does the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray work to blend roots?
If your natural hair color is light brown or blonde, and you have root regrowth, then try applying this product at your roots and apply heat. It will lighten your new, darker regrowth, lessening the contrast between your highlighted/bleached hair and your new growth. Use the product until you’ve reached the shade that closely matches the rest of your hair. Touch-up as necessary once root re-growth is an inch long.
- How can I achieve the best and quickest results with Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder products?
First, wash hair using Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Shampoo and Conditioner. Follow with Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray, using according to the instructions. For the greatest impact, use a flat iron or curling iron to bring out your hair’s brightest blonde.
- Why would I want to use the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder line (shampoo, conditioner, and spray) together?
These products were designed to work together to give you sun-kissed lightening from root to tip. Using all three will keep your hair nourished while it lightens.
- Can I use the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder lightening spray in combination with my other normal stylers as part of my hair care routine?
Yes! We recommend that you apply the Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray first, and then follow with your other stylers (mousse, gel, serum, etc.).
- Are any products from the Sheer Blonde® line color depositing?
Yes, Sheer Blonde® Color Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo and Conditioner are color depositing. They deposit a light violet tint to help neutralize brassiness and keep blonde tones light, bright and shining.
The Go Blonder Shampoo and Conditioner is not colour-depositing. The line does gradually lighten your hair for a sun-kissed look all year, with daily use.The Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray works with blow-dryer heat to gradually lighten. All Go Blonder products will permanently lighten hair.
The rest of the products in the Sheer Blonde® line will not permanently affect color. The Highlight Activating Shampoos and Conditioners work to intensify glistening highlights by gently removing dulling buildup and residues that can make blonde look dark and dull. The Lustrous Touch® Shampoo and Conditioner fortify and protect for strong, sparkling blonde that looks and feels like satin. The Everlasting Blonde® line can help maintain your fresh-from-the-salon blonde colour and tone.
- If I have brunette hair with blonde highlights, will Sheer Blonde® Highlight Activating products lighten my brunette shade?
No, none of the Sheer Blonde® Highlight Activating products will change the color of your brunette hair. The Highlight Activating Shampoos and Conditioners do not deposit or add any color and instead, work to rid hair of dulling residue that can make hair look dark and dull. As a result, your hair will be restored to its intended shade, allowing the natural clarity of your color to shine through.
- Are Sheer Blonde®, Brilliant Brunette® and Radiant Red® products only for those who color their hair?
No. The professionals behind John Frieda® Hair Care recognize that blondes, brunettes and redheads, whether natural or color-treated, have different care and texture needs.
Within the Sheer Blonde® product portfolio, we recommend that those with natural or highlighted hair try the Highlight Activating Enhancing Shampoo and Conditioner or the Lustrous Touch® Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Can I use this on my gray hair?
Absolutely. Sheer Blonde® products work perfectly to bring out the natural beauty of gray or graying hair. The same way as it works with blonde hair, our formulas refresh and perfect the hair’s tone to play up your purest, bright gray. Like blonde hair, gray hair is transparent by nature which means that buildup will immediately show, making the hair look brassy or dull. The Sheer Blonde® line removes the buildup that comes from the calcium and phosphorus in our water, so that your naturally transparent hair glistens and shines. It is recommended that if you have gray hair, you use the Sheer Blonde® Highlight Activating Enhancing Shampoo and Conditioner for Lighter Shades. The moisturizing agents in these products help to diminish the effects of aging by replenishing dry hair with extra moisture, and work to restore dazzling highlights. The Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray will not affect gray hairs at all because gray hairs do not contain melanin, which is what the spray reacts with to lighten. If you have blonde hair with some gray, the Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray will help to blend the gray by lightening the blonde strands.
- What products can I use to give my hair more body?
For over-processed, lifeless hair, it is recommended that you start with Sheer Blonde® Everlasting Blonde® Colour Preserving Shampoo and Conditioner. This works by restoring hair’s softness and moisture often lost during the coloring process.
- I have brown hair with blonde highlights. Should I use Brilliant Brunette® or Sheer Blonde® products?
It is recommended if you have highlights that you use the John Frieda® Hair Care color shade that best matches your desired benefit. If you are looking to brighten your highlights, you should use the Sheer Blonde® Highlight Activating product line. This will rid hair of the dulling deposits that can darken blonde, leaving highlights soft and glistening. However, if you are looking to enhance hair’s shine and luminosity, it is recommended that you use the Brilliant Brunette® Multi-Tone Reveling product line. This will illuminate hair’s rich multi-dimensional tones, resulting in exquisite, dazzling shine. If desired, you can use both products interchangeably to receive both sets of benefits.
- How do I know which Highlight Activating shade variant is right for my hair?
It is recommended that, if you have very light platinum blonde hair with cool undertones, you use the Sheer Blonde® Highlight Activating products for Lighter Shades. If you have darker blonde hair with warm undertones, you should use the Sheer Blonde® Highlight Activating products for Darker Shades.
My blonde hair gets brassy shortly after coloring my hair. Is there anyway to correct this so my hair stays salon bright without the brassiness?
Among blondes, brassiness is a major hair issue. The first line of defense is to use a Colour Preserving shampoo and conditioner daily. The Sheer Blonde®
shampoo and conditioner were specially formulated to address the unique way blonde colour fades, so it will stay bright, fresh and true-to-tone.
If your hair has already taken on an unwanted brassy tone, then you should use a treatment. The Sheer Blonde® Color Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo and Conditioner will do the job. With optical brighteners and lavender, this tone correcting shampoo and conditioner neutralizes brassiness and yellow tones for noticeably brighter blonde hair. This shampoo and conditioner is excellent for both color-treated and highlighted blonde hair. Most users see a difference in as few as 3 uses.
- How can I lighten my blonde color so that it is lighter and brighter without going to the salon?
You can use Sheer Blonde® Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo, Conditioner, and Spray to gradually lighten your hair for an all-over sun-kissed look. Both the shampoo and conditioner are formulated with citrus and chamomile, and are ammonia and peroxide free so it’s gentle enough for daily use. The Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray contains citrus and chamomile, as well as a patent-pending technology that combines polymers with hydrogen peroxide to lighten hair.