Staying Cool and Frizz-Free-Blonde Expert Tips for Flawless Style
Blonde, General Hair Care
We're in that in-between weather phase—not as humid as summer, not quite as dry as winter. It can be a sweet spot for style mavens with weather-induced frizzy hair. And it's a good time to prep for the challenges that the soon-to-be cooler, dryer temps present. Keep these frizz-fighting tips in your toolbox, and you'll be ready to face any weather with flawless, frizz-free style.
- • Wash your hair every other day instead of every day—especially curly hair, which tends to be dryer and frizzier. Frequent shampooing depletes hair of necessary moisture, which your locks will need as temperatures drop and the air becomes dryer.
- • Throughout the cooler months, apply a deep conditioning treatment once a week to keep strands hydrated.
- • Avoid rubbing wet strands with your towel. Instead, post-shower, lightly pat hair with your towel—preferably one made of microfiber, which won't disturb the cuticle and helps to keep strands smooth.
- • Apply styling products—like Frizz-Ease® Hair Serum Original Formula—in small amounts to soaking wet hair. Blondes typically have finer hair, and applying too much product or putting serum on dry hair can weigh down your style.
- • Before styling with heat tools, use a heat protective spray like Frizz-Ease® Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray.
- • Hands off! To minimize frizz during the day, avoid touching your style.
- • Keep it loose. Frequently pulling hair back in tight styles can lead to breakage and frizz. Try wearing your hair down this season, or go for loose updos or soft braids.
- • Sleep softly—on a satin pillowcase! The soft fabric helps strands hold on to moisture while reducing frizz-inducing friction.