Volume, Oily or dry scalp, Other, Blow Dryer, Brushes,
Changes in temperature can impact your hair and skin—and your scalp. An oily scalp can feel more difficult to manage in the humid summer months. For those with dry scalp and breakage-prone hair, strands can become more brittle with sun exposure. Keep your scalp concerns under control and your style going strong with these tips.
To prevent oiliness from weighing down your style, create lift at the roots. With greater lift, your strands won't come into contact as much with your scalp.
- When shampooing, target the roots.
- Apply a volumizing product—like Root Awakening® Lift + Refresh Root Spray—to wet hair.
- Blow-dry using a round bristle brush to lift strands and hit the roots.
To prevent over-drying your scalp and making hair more brittle in the high heat, add hydration.
- Wash hair every other day to avoid over-drying.
- Shampoo and condition with Root Awakening® Hydrate + Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner, which help create soft, silky style by infusing hair and scalp with moisture.
- Apply a hydrating styler to strands. Try Root Awakening® Nourish + Style Lotion. This lightweight formula, with Eucalyptus and Peppermint Extract, smoothes hair without weighing it down for silky, shiny style.