Spring Style: Look Fresh and On-Trend, Whatever the Weather
Oily or dry scalp, Other,
Spring is in the air, and so is amazing style. With these expert tips in your toolkit this season, you'll be able to play up your hair's strengths while keeping your look polished and eye-catching—rain, wind, or shine. And as an added bonus, we tell you how to achieve one of the hottest looks we're seeing this season: the Tousled Side Braid. It's the perfect way to show off your locks for a special spring event or to glam up a day at the office.
Spring Weather Concern: Winter-Dry Scalp, Humidity
Seasonal scalp concerns can affect anyone, and when your scalp isn't feeling its best, your style can suffer. Your scalp may still feel dry from the winter months. If you have an oily scalp, the humidity of the season can make your style feel weighed down all the more. Here are a few tips for caring for your scalp and maintaining great style from spring through summer:
- • Wash Gently. Wash your hair with lukewarm water.
- • Keep it Minimal. To avoid irritating your scalp and weighing hair down, use gentle products and not many of them.
- • Keep it Loose. Avoid styles that require you to pull hair tightly against your scalp. Instead, let your scalp breathe with looser styles.
Recommended Spring Look: Tousled Side Braid
This loose, pretty braid is fashionable and versatile.
How to Get It:
- 1. Part hair on one side, then flip it to the opposite side to create loose fullness.
- 2. Braid hair and secure with an elastic band.
- 3. Gently pull strands from the braid for a chic, messy look.