John Frieda® Street Style Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: John Frieda® Street Style Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Kao USA Inc., ePrize LLC, Enlighten, Inc. ("Enlighten"), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, and directors are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: Kao USA Inc., 2535 Spring Grove Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45214.
Administrator: ePrize, LLC, One ePrize Drive, Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069.
- Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 2, 2012 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on July 1, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Enlighten Inc.'s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, you can enter the Sweepstakes through the application on the Street Style tab on the John Frieda US Page on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/JohnFriedaUS. Follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form including your name, your email address and a valid home address. You automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per person. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential winners from all eligible entries received for the Promotion Period, on or around July 16, 2012. The potential winners will be notified by email soon thereafter and each potential winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited) which must be received by Administrator, within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance in the time requested, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
- Prizes: FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES: An assortment of John Frieda® hair care products, one (1) hair care appliance, and a $400 gift card (terms and conditions apply). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $500. TEN (10) FIRST PRIZES: An assortment of John Frieda® hair care products and one (1) hair care appliance. ARV: $100. NINETY (90) SECOND PRIZES: An assortment of John Frieda® hair care products. ARV: $50. Sponsor will determine all details and specifications of the hair care products included in each prize package. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners will be responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winners. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One prize per person during the Sweepstakes. Total ARV of all prizes: $8,000.
- Release: By entering Sweepstakes and/or receipt of any prize, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Enlighten, Inc., Facebook, Inc. and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury, loss or damage of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
- Winner List: Winners' List requests will only be accepted after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes and no later than October 29, 2012. Please mail-in your request, including a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to John Frieda® Street Style Sweepstakes Win List, c/o Enlighten, 3027 Miller Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.